Friday 11 May 2012

DIY: Little Black Dress Refashion

I've got this lovely little black dress from a friend of mine. But it was too small around the bust for me, so I refashioned it a bit. :) This is what it used to look like:



 And this is the result:




All I did was to remove the sleeves and stitch a lace trim around. Then mark the point where the zip is not closing anymore and stitch more lace from that point to the neck line. At the end I just attached a piece of black elastic to hold the edges of the neck line. And Voila! The dress is now my size. :)
I hope you liked it! 
xx

9 comments:

Far said...

This is great!

Lotus Blossom Design said...

WOW! LOVE it great job! xo

Nina Mia said...

Thank you all so much! xx Nina Mia

Nina Mia said...

:)) Good idea, Ioana-Carmen! xx Nina Mia

Caroline said...

CLEVER idea! Most creative!

Nina Mia said...

Thank you, Caroline! :))

SoooGood said...

Love love love the back, great job!
www.sooogoodstudios.blogspot.com

Nina Mia said...

Thank you, girls! Much appreciated! xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I am a new reader and am in love with your amazing DIY and refashioning skills!

If you wouldn't mind, please check out my blog, deannasdeals.blogspot.com, which offers a daily dose of savings of the hottest fashion, beauty, and home decor trends. I also take requests; if there's an item or product or trip you're hoping to find, I can look for you and offer you tips on how to save the most money with it (if it's a product, I'll provide the link to the cheapest one).

Again, totally love your blog!